To quickly leave this site click the escape button below.
S M Tu W Th F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
- All day2018-06-14
Date When Celebrated : Always June 14 th
Flag Day, is a day for all Americans to celebrate and show respect for our flag, its designers and makers. Our flag is representative of our independence and our unity as a nation…..one nation, under God, indivisible. Our flag has a proud and glorious history. It was at the lead of every battle fought by Americans. Many people have died protecting it. It even stands proudly on the surface of the moon.
As Americans, we have every right to be proud of our culture, our nation, and our flag. So raise the flag today and every day with pride!
Properly Display Our Flag
Care and handling of the American flag is steeped in tradition and respect. There is a right way and a wrong way to display the flag. This is calledFlag Etiquette. The American flag should be held in the highest of regards. It represents our nation and the many people who gave their lives for our country and our flag. Here are the basics on displaying the American flag:
- The flag is normally flown from sunrise to sunset.
- In the morning, raise the flag briskly. At sunset, lower it slowly. Always, raise and lower it ceremoniously.
- The flag should not be flown at night without a light on it.
- The flag should not be flown in the rain or inclement weather.
- After a tragedy or death, the flag is flown at half staff for 30 days. It’s called “half staff” on land ,and “half mast” on a ship.
- When flown vertically on a pole, the stars and blue field , or “union”, is at the top and at the end of the pole (away from your house).
- The American flag is always flown at the top of the pole. Your state flag and other flags fly below it.
- The union is always on top. When displayed in print, the stars and blue field are always on the left.
- Never let your flag touch the ground, never…period.
- Fold your flag when storing. Don’t just stuff it in a drawer or box.
- When your flag is old and has seen better days, it is time to retire it. Old flags should be burned or buried. Please do not throw it in the trash.
Did you Know? There is a very special ceremony for retiring the flag by burning it. It is a ceremony everyone should see.Your local Boy Scout group knows the proper ceremony and performs it on a regular basis. If you have an old flag, give it to them. And, attend the ceremony.
15 16 17
- All day2018-06-17
Date When Celebrated : Third Sunday in June
A day to honor Dad. NO. Rather, it is a day to enjoy time with Dad and appreciate all he does for you. What Dad really wants is healthy, happy and successful kids. And, he wants you to spend a few moments with him on Father’s Day. Today’s life style is busy for both dads and kids. So, a little time with dad on Father’s DAy is just what he wants.
A Father is more than the biological paternal source of our being. It is the person who cares and provides for us. It is the man who helps to set the standards, the family values and the example. So, add to this group, step fathers and other men who willingly and eagerly accept and cherish the role. Whether biological, adopted or informally, if they are the father figure to you, give him some recognition today and don’t hesitate to call him “Dad”.
Did you know? The first Father’s Day celebration was in Spokane, Wa. on May 18, 1910.
Remember all those famous quotes and sayings dad had when you were growing up?
18 19 20 21
- All day2018-06-21
Third Thursday Each Month
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Please call our office at 919-693-3579 for more information or to register.
Legal Aid of North Carolina’s free simple divorce clinic teaches participants how to file a simple divorce action in court without hiring an attorney.
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30