- We have zero tolerance for all forms of violence: we believe in everyone’s right to live free from harm.
- We treat everyone equally with fairness and respect: we provide caring and compassionate services.
- We recognize everyone is unique: we embrace all forms of diversity.
- We support an environment of responsibility: we encourage innovation and creativity in all our endeavors.
- We foster the spirit of teamwork: we uphold honesty and integrity in community collaborations.
Hispanic Services Director, Cecilia Barrenechea
Cecilia was born and raised in South America, in the land of the Incas, Peru. In April 2001 she moved with her three children to the United States that is the country that became their new home. She likes constant improvement, and loves to learn; in May 2017 she will be graduating from College. Her passion are the languages, she is fluent in English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. She has more than 20 years’ experience in Customer Service; she worked in the field of Childhood Education, and in the Insurance Market, while volunteering for FLVF as an advocate for the shelter and the crisis line; and interpreting for the Spanish speaking community. Being a survivor herself and as a way of expressing thanks to God and life for the great opportunities and blessings in 2013 she became part of the team of FLVF working for the victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. A quote that inspires her: “A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her”.
Adult and Empowerment Services Specialist, Peggy Roark