To quickly leave this site click the escape button below.
- FLVF Hispanic Services Director Graduates With Associates In Arts
- 2018 National Volunteer Week
- FLVF Offers FREE Weekly DV 101 Course
- THANK YOU! Owl House Cafe
- Address Confidentiality Program
- FLVF Offers FREE Self-Help Clinics
- One Survivor’s Story
- Understanding Stalking – Recognizing and Responding to Stalking
- Purple & Pearls on Purpose
- Violence Against Women Video
- 27No events
- 28http://flvf.org/event/memorial-day-2/All day2018-05-28
Memorial Day is officially celebrated on the last Monday during the month of May. Memorial Day is dedicated to service men and women who gave their lives for freedom and country. It is also a time to remember loved ones who have passed away. The roots of Memorial Day observance, goes back to 1865 and the end of the Civil War.
Memorial Day was traditionally held on the 30th of May. In 1971, Congress changed it to the last Monday, in order to afford a three day holiday weekend. Regardless of the date, we encourage you follow Memorial Day tradition: attend a parade, and visit a cemetery to honor and remember our serviceman. Take time to remember lost loved ones in whatever way you feel appropriate.
Did you Know? Memorial Day was first called Decoration Day. It was changed to Memorial Day in 1882.
Memorial Day also marks the beginning of the gardening and summer seasons, even though summer will not occur until a few weeks later. This day usually includes the first family picnic of the year.
- 29No events
- 30No events
- 31http://flvf.org/event/win-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2-2/All day2018-05-31
Women In Network
Please contact Peggy Roark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-693-3579 for more information.
- 01No events